Thursday, February 17, 2011

Canyonscapes

When browsing through these awesome blogs I found a lesson I loved. It was based off the book WoW! America by Robert Nubeucher. When I went to go purchase the book it was ridiculousy expensive ($100) due to the fact it was now out of print. Some how I found it for $18 and I've noticed amazon has acquired some used copies.

With my 5th graders I read them the book WOW!America! They loved the colorful illustrations especially the one of the Grand Canyon. When they created their landscapes instead of using tempera paint I used watercolor. I give the students plates so they were able to mix up colors and they turned out awesome!

I have found my 5th grade class this year have been the ones that really shine. They are more open to making their own artistic choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment